View Single Post
Old 06-23-2015, 06:46 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Smile

Hi, ivy. Welcome!

Did you know that they give Bisoprolol for panic attacks? They might've thought you were anxious and were using it in an off brand way! Do you have heart issues or hypertension? Or panic attacks?

In MG, we can get hyperventilation or hypoventilation from insufficient breathing, but that isn't the same as "hyperventilating" from a panic attack. It has to do with gas exchange by the heart/lungs.

I don't think you're grasping at straws at all. Weakness that fluctuates is the hallmark of MG and it sounds as though that's what you have.

You might also have something else going on. Have you been checked for B12 or D deficiencies? They are very common!

Currently, there are two MG antibody tests available: Acetylcholine Receptor antibodies and MuSK antibodies. They have found other ones, but don't have the tests, yet. Being seronegative does not mean that you don't have MG. MG is a clinical diagnosis that is backed up with tests.

Not all of the tests (EMG and Single Fiber EMG) are positive in all patients, and, sometimes, not early on in the disease process. That's the same for the antibodies. They might be positive later on.

Did you see the neuro? What did s/he say?

Have you had thorough breathing tests done by a pulmonologist? If not, I highly recommend that. They can assess if your breathing is due to a neuromuscular disease. Make sure they do MIP and MEP tests, too, which are specific to those diseases. And have them give you the results of ALL of the test results (they usually give the highest only), because a downward trend of numbers with each try is very revealing for MG patients since we get worse the more we do.

What else can we help with? I hope you'll take it easy until you figure out what's going on.

Annie
AnnieB3 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
juliejayne (06-24-2015)