View Single Post
Old 06-23-2015, 09:35 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Thanks Mark. I hope to god you're right. But what if I've actually had numerous concussions? There's a possibility. That's what bothers me.

I was feeling a bit better after I read your post, then I searched NeuroTalk, as to find the G force thread you mentioned.

In truth I've been compulsively reading posts on NeuroTalk for the last year or so. Since you seem knowledgeable and trustworthy, I put alot of stock in your words. But there appears to be a contradiction between the advice you just gave me and advice you've given others on this forum.

Just a few questions...

In a thread I found you discount the idea that, as you state here, the "lesser forces are momentary annoyances". In that thread you also state, in response to another poster, "you might have had enough minor sub-concussive impacts that such an impact can cause a concussion".

Could not the same such process apply to me?

I do very much appreciate your thoughts, but I have to ask: in response to my last post, are you just saying those comforting things to sate and abate my anxiety? Or is that truly a reasoned conclusion? I'm sorry to be suspicious, but I have to ask. I desperately want what you say to be true.

In another thread I found you wrote:

Please do not get stuck worrying about diagnostic terms. TBI, mTBI, concussions are meaningless for treatment and recovery. It is the symptoms of the injury that matter, regardless of cause. I have had symptoms develop where doctors say I could not have suffered a concussion because the forces were too weak. Yeah right. Tell that to my symptoms, head ache, mental confusion, etc.

Could not the same apply to my encounter with the moth, or any of the other impacts? And, research I've looked up states blackouts or death can occur at an impact of 4 to 6 g's. Could you link to the thread you mention, about the G forces?

At the moment I have some brain fog and visual disturbances- I see a ghost image superimposed over reflective or white surfaces, as well as some tinnitus. Could these symptoms really be caused by anxiety? (Though I admit I am at the moment very anxious.)

Please be honest with me. If you were in fact being honest with me to begin with, I'm sorry.
thomasm144 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote