View Single Post
Old 06-24-2015, 09:02 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Dr. Chopra had two videos, the more recent one "CRPS Diagnosis and Management" is the one I am always recommending. It has a lot of helpful info on treatments, supplements, things to avoid and is non-doomsday.

On depression and anxiety. It is so important to recognize that these often go hand in hand with chronic pain and illness. Medications to manage these can be helpful when needed. Therapy can also be a tremendous help and sometimes negate the need for medications. Dealing with this illness and the losses that come with it is challenging. Get support. This is a lot to deal with on your own. I made the mistake of putting off going to counseling thinking I would be getting better and be fine. ultimately it made a huge difference in my well-being and ability to cope with pain and life changes.

I found my therapist on the Psychology Today website. She had a specialty in chronic pain and traumatic life change. It was a good fit and I did not need to try others, we got straight to work. She is certified in EMDR and hypnosis, two modalities that go around the conscious brain. I found these to be very helpful in addition to talk therapy. I went for 8-10 sessions and Wow was it worth it!

Shine Your Bright Light
Littlepaw is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
MarthaMyDear (06-25-2015)