View Single Post
Old 06-24-2015, 12:49 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hi to everyone!!
Most of you will not remember me ( or know me) but I have a long story which I will not bore you with. In short, I got TN in 2009. Doc did gamma knife. I should have done more research; but I was in too much pain. I have it in all 3 branches. The gamma gave me Anesthesia Dolorosa. In Jan. of 2010 I had MVD surgery. Took the attacks away; but the AD was still there. The AD was more than I could bare. I found a doc to put in a stimulator for it. A miracle...just can't find another word for it. It took 90% of the pain away.
Now for the bad news. As the years went by it seemed to work less. I would say about year 4 it was not as effective.....or I thought my pain was so much worse. Not sure?? At year 5 ( 6 years after I got TN) my TN attacks came back. Doc wanted a MRI to see how bad. No MRI with stim in!! It had been in for 5 years and just was not working as well so I thought I might as well have it out. My pain doc told me that they are great for about 5 years and then our bodies are so smart it knows a way around the problem. The AD is not so good without the stimulator; but my pain doc gave me lots more opiods and I get by.
I would encourage anyone who is thinking about getting a stimulator to get it as soon as you can. Even if it only lasts the 5 years and maybe yours would last longer. To get even the short amount of time was so wonderful. Like I said I have in all 3 branches. So many docs say they won't put it in if V3 is involved as it could break. That is not true. If they put a little slack in the wire ( just in that area ) it will not break.

If anyone is interested in talking about this ( or anything els ) please email me. I don't come to this site so I won't see a reply. Please email me at calewark@me.com.

Thanks for reading and I pray that all of you have some pain relief. Take good care of yourself. Your sister with TN also,
Cheryl
calewark is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Burntmarshmallow (06-24-2015), kwebster (11-13-2015)