View Single Post
Old 06-24-2015, 02:49 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Vowel Lady
Thanks for this - I like the bullet points - makes it easier to remember and keep in mind when making food choices. I also have gained weight since being on steroids for 5 yrs - and will be on them for rest of life - so have to eat accordingly.
Understand the issues with exercise & health - I have times where exercise is impossible but also realize how important it is when I'm unable to do it - I start to seize up in all my joints. After each setback I find it essential to start again slowly and gradually increase. As you lose more weight and find it easier to be active you may find exercise comes more naturally. Find something that you enjoy, that suits your physical capabilities, and that if you have to take a break you can return to. I've done Tai Chi (this is a great gentle workout - unfortunately there's no longer a group in my area), Hydrotherapy (for knee injury) and I still do physio at the gym twice weekly when able. Aquacize (pool exercise) is good for anyone having weight bearing/joint issues.
Keep up the good work and keep us posted.
bluesfan is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
bizi (06-24-2015), DejaVu (08-30-2015), EnglishDave (06-24-2015), Vowel Lady (06-24-2015)