View Single Post
Old 06-24-2015, 04:40 PM
N/A

8 yr Member
N/A

8 yr Member

I have a dear family member and thru too many meds and pain drugs ended up in rehab for a lot of months...long sad story and I won't go into it all. But when she came out of rehab stay, she probably put on about 60+ lbs. It was unbelievable, I believe the worst drug "they" gave these young women to help sleep was sequerol (sp)... horrible gain weight drug. I didn't recognize this person when she came out of rehab.

After being out for a while, she knew she had to do something drastic, she was clear thinking for the first time in a long time. One of the bad meds was vicodin that did so much damage to her too. A big one was total hearing loss. She went thru cochlear implant for hearing so she could hear her children. And hear life.

After the sudden hearing loss, the family sought out a medical mal practice attorney as everyone was thinking all those drugs and the MD didn't see what was happening to her. It would have been a tough tough road on the malpractice so they family didn't push it.

She enrolled in Jenny Craig and with dedication she took off all the drug weight.

She now eats MOSTLY organic and is raising two children on her own, the kid's dad died a couple yrs ago and I THINK she's in a good place now...I HOPE.

To this day, I don't know if those drugs were necessary for this young mother. She was in a hard controlled marriage where I see she lived liked a prisoner. A miscarriage, 8 month stillborn and 2 little children and she broke down and went to docs to help her. As I see it all, it was the marriage and I don't think she had enough support with the grief of stillborn. My thoughts on her stuff. She is basically a healthy person, and I guess she had to go thru all she did.

I have my issues and do everything possible to not take drugs...I know some folks need to for their issues, but I work with so many supps to keep myself "working"...I'm retired so thankfully all my issues got worse after retirement, I actually got worse with my body after hip replacement. I hope the best for everyone.

Last edited by caroline2; 06-24-2015 at 06:02 PM.
caroline2 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
bizi (06-24-2015), DejaVu (08-30-2015)