View Single Post
Old 06-20-2007, 12:13 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Back to the Rheumy...

Well, she didn't say that I had Sjogren's for sure, but she did say that I do have the symptoms and of course, the antibodies. My thyroid problems seem to be having some effect on the ability of the steroids to work as well as they have before and frankly, today is a whiny day... There are some, not many, Sjogren's sufferers, who can control at least some of their disease with steroids... Yuk... I do NOT like steroids, but I may be stuck with these...

One thing she did was bump up my Doxycycline dose, because in the past it has helped reduce the C-Reactive Protein level-an indicator of inflammation somewhere... This would be nice...

Since the diagnosis is still in question, she may try Imuran, which I am not overly excited about either, but what do you do???

The nurse said if I did have Sjogren's, I would not be gettting IVIGG's, but the doctor came out as I was leaving and countered that, so...

I think that still leaves me in: I have it/I don't have it/I might have it/I don't know if I have it or not... I do like this doctor though...

Cathie
Yorkiemom is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote