View Single Post
Old 06-25-2015, 09:05 AM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Lightbulb

I can understand how you feel. I don't like them either.

But getting an MRI of your neck and lower back, and xrays of the feet may help you understand how to approach your pain issues.
That part, of doctors, is most helpful I think.

My swelling ankle is full of spurs, which I did not know before the x-ray. I am finding that using Aspercreme on it, is helpful. I had a tumor removed from my instep when I was 12, and the foot continues to go downhill as I age. It was numb for many years because the nerves were severed. (this was a hemangioma that bled all the time and had to be removed. But it had roots going down in between the tendons, so the plastic surgeon dug around there severing the nerves). I started getting feeling again in my 40's.

You might try the magnesium lotion. I find it very helpful too.
Morton's Epsom lotion, used sparingly over painful areas, will improve the circulation of small blood vessels and often help with pain.
http://www.amazon.com/Morton-Epsom-L...n+epsom+lotion

Most WalMarts have this now, and Walgreen's. But not all stores yet. Try a quarter's dollop divided in half, for both feet. Only apply on the tops of the feet, as the bottoms are too thick for it to penetrate. I find this really helpful.

You know, I had a huge spur on my right thumb knuckle (called a Heberden's node)...it was hard and sticking out alot. Sometimes it would throb. So I was applying the Morton's regularly to my feet and lower legs and some would be left on my hand, and I'd rub that in at the end.
Well, after a few months, I noticed my thumb lump has receded. Something I never expected! So I do put it now more on my ankle where those spurs are hoping for a similar result. But this was a slow thing...so the result is not expected by me to be instant.

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
bluesfan (06-25-2015), eva5667faliure (06-25-2015)