View Single Post
Old 06-25-2015, 09:52 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

”To my surprise, she told me if I wanted to lose weight, I must do the following:
1. Eat 900 calories a day. This is due to what I said above and the fact that I'm barely 5'2". Bottom line is I think she was saying that multiple problematic factors might require shaving off some calories.
2. All calories must be super duper high quality. This means lots of green veggies, veggies in general, best meats available, some fruit, some nuts, etc.
3. No sugar, no alcohol, no processed foods, no junk food
4. Avoid gluten, breads, flour...actually NO flour products
5. Reduce starchy carbs like rice and potato...ok in small amounts
6. Reduce dairy (the only dairy I eat is an occasional Greek yogurt and occasional feta cheese)
7. Drink lots of water between meals
8. Record food intake/calories
9. Moderate fruit intake is ok (preferably low glycemic ones) and small amounts of nuts for snacks are also a good snack
10. Most healthy food is fine...no gluten, sugar or junk. Moderation is important.”

Hi Vowel Lady, congratulations on being able to maintain this diet for as long as you have! When I read this list, my first thought was, hmmm, no sugar, no processed foods, no breads, no junk food, what’s left to eat?

Seriously, I imagine it is quite difficult to keep to such a restricted diet. I’m not sure I could do it for any length of time as you’ve been able to do.

My only concern with 900 calories per day is whether or not I would be getting a sufficient amount of protein from it. If your protein intake is insufficient, it is possible to lose muscle mass, which is very difficult to rebuild even with exercise.
Auntie Audrey is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
bizi (06-25-2015), DejaVu (08-30-2015), Vowel Lady (06-25-2015)