View Single Post
Old 06-25-2015, 11:16 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntingful View Post
I had a rib resection on April 2. Luckily I didn't actually have to have my rib removed. I did though have major nerve damage in my brachial plexus. After the surgery I noticed shortness of breath. After a x-Ray it was discovered that a out 3/4 of my right lung wasn't working. The doctor a great surgeon, said he probably damaged the phrenic nerve or paralyzed it. Recently I saw a Pulminoligist and he discovered my diaphragm is damaged and not working. After tests its showing I am about 46% of normal. The doctor is initially saying going to be permanent and probably going to put me on permanent disability. This is on top of my shoulder damage and TOS injury that isn't better.

I want to make it clear I don't blame the surgeon, he does amazing work. I knew the risks before surgery unfortunately but like many I had to try the surgery.

Has anyone else had this happen? This is my only question?
Sorry to say I have almost exactly the same results from my TOS surgery in 2012. I have adjusted to it, it just takes longer to do things. Recently completed pulmonary rehab which I would highly recommend.

Any questions, let me know.

RW
onelessrib is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Jomar (06-25-2015)