View Single Post
Old 06-25-2015, 01:48 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by soccertese View Post
it would also be helpful if you would define "OFF", for me OFF is basically turning into a mumbling tin man, freezing, shuffling, no energy so lay in bed or sit in a chair until ON.
i'm making a big deal about this because when i was 4 years into my diagnosis i had no major "OFF" times on 3-4 sinemet/day. RYTARY is a major expense for some people who are desperate for a better solution so this isn't a trivial discussion imho. if you went from 3-4 sinemet a day to RYTARY that is quite different from going from 10+/day with many OFF times.

what was your sinemet strength and dosing if i may ask before RYTARY? Did you try sinemet cr?
Off equals increased resting tremor, less manageable foot dystonia sensitivity, increase in Bradykinesia dexterity. I am in the state of progression you describe, less impact when off, compared to your description. Cost is a big issue, i am trying to afford it simply because i feel better and its keeping my dystonia in a good manageable place. Sinemet, was taking 175Mg 4x per day and a CR at bedtime.
ksweeney is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
eds195 (06-25-2015), soccertese (06-25-2015)