View Single Post
Old 06-25-2015, 07:28 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Thanks Leggies! I enjoy giving support. It is meaningful and rewarding, so I get a lot out of it too!

I have had a challenging journey with injury, surgery, nerve injury from surgery, more surgery to fix that UGh! Then one more surgery for good measure. My poor foot! It goes on and on. 9 months crutches out of 18. So fun. There was a lot of crying, but I basically refused to give up and started making progress after much trial and error. I worked in healthcare for a long time and just naturally research the heck out of stuff. I have encountered a lot of info that while it does not apply to me necessarily, it does apply to someone else so I am often throwing things out there. I appreciate your kind words.

So Good Gosh, for some reason I am crummy at posting links. Here is the video of Dr. Chopra which you probably found already...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s3LKhOZ8mAM

Here is the article on ketamine...interesting to me as it was an atypical protocol.
http://rsds.org/wp-content/uploads/2...Edmondsmon.pdf

The cost on my ketamine is pretty reasonable. It is $300 per infusion. I don't know how this is working with my insurance as I have not met my deductible. But since the cost is applying to my deductible I guess they approved it.
The plan is four sessions then a follow up visit to decide about continuing for another four sessions. After that is quarterly or so boosters as needed. I think I am having benefit so would like to continue since they aren't bothering me.

I am glad you are here. It is so important to have support with what you are going through. Definitely look at the online options or therapists who do home visits. There are some out there. I was really bogged down with sadness and anxiety. Getting help with that made the physical burdens easier to deal with. Who deals well with anything when totally stressed out?

Kudos on the re-training. That is awesome and amazing. Hang in there and don't give up on the potential for healing. They are making strides in research as far as auto-immune factors and other causes. hopefully that will lead to new treatments. Are you able to do any kind of exercise or pool therapy? Many of us are addicted to the pool as a pleasant, relaxing place to let the body be free for a change. Helps with some of the weird aches from compensating too...

I hope you rest well tonight,

Shine Your Bright Light

Last edited by Littlepaw; 06-25-2015 at 09:46 PM.
Littlepaw is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote