View Single Post
Old 06-26-2015, 04:52 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Question New and Confused...Looking for RSD Support!

Recently diagnosed with RSD, following knee surgery.. I had a lateral release and reconstruction of a ligament to try and prevent recurring patellar dislocations...I have suffered numerous dislocations since childhood, in both knees..I finally had to have surgery in March, followed by manipulation under anesthesia in May.. After months of PT, with little improvement of my ROM, my Dr. Informed me that I have RSD.. I have been walking "stiff legged" since March.. I'm unable to bend much at all.. I've had numbness around my ankle that seems to be spreading, with burning and tingling.. My skin around my ankle looks blotchy and bruised.. Hypersensitivity to touch and temp, with pain that starts mid thigh and goes down to my foot.. I've noticed my toes going numb, and itching? I still have swelling, and it looks and feels like my knee cap is "frozen" to the side..my Dr. Told me to stop PT, for fear it is keeping my knee aggravated.. Put me on neurontin, hydrocodone.. Told me to go about my daily activities, as if I can do anything!! Said if it doesn't get better on its own in 6 mos, another surgery may be necessary..I had to do my own research on RSD, and from what I understand it can be very debilitating..I tried to get a 2nd opinion, but two different surgeons wouldn't see me.. I tried scheduling with a neurologist, but can't get an appt. without a referral.. I called my Dr. Back to voice my concern, and was told if it got way worse, to come back in.. If not, take your medicine, and we will see you in 4 weeks.. I'm extremely depressed, tired all the time, and don't feel like getting out.. I can't walk far, it's hard to drive, and I hate being stared at everywhere I go.. I don't know what to do next?? Sit and wait? Demand that my Dr. See me sooner? Get a referral to a neurologist? My main priority is to be able to walk again.. I can handle the pain.. Well, for now, anyway.. Unless it becomes way worse.. HELP! Thanks in advance!
tlaymon is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote