Thread: Frustrated!!
View Single Post
Old 06-26-2015, 08:17 AM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Question

hello Tracy I am glad you found your way here . I have no experience with MVD but I knowplenty of people that have gone threw MVDs. This is from the stickies at the top of this page ... Ella's MVD diary (it is a good read with lots of info ) --- page 1 -
5 1/2 weeks since my MVD.
I was feeling a bit tender around the base of my incision on Saturday evening and when I felt it, there was a small lump there. I'm not at all sure what that could be. My incision seems to be closed and healed. I wonder if it is an infection starting or maybe a swollen gland. I was about to go to the emergency dept. of the hospital I had the surgery in but then the thought of sitting there for hours ended that idea. I waited till Sunday evening and after I came back from a wedding I attended in the afternoon I called the after hours hotline for my medical centre and spoke to a RN (Registered Nurse). After asking me many questions, she didn't feel I had to go to emerg but that I should have it check by my doctor in the next 24 hours. So this morning I will call and hope to get an appointment today (not so easy here in Ontario).
It is swollen and tender but no leakage or fever mmmmmm......wonder what it is. Things were moving along nicely. I hope this is just a small blip.
also on page 2 of Ella's MVD diary -- I am always available to help or ask questions. I do not pop in here as often as I should. If you would like to reach me, please send an email to ellacjn@gmail.com
allot of us are on face book and some leave email or way to contact . I know Ella will gladly respond if you send her a email.so dont be shy please feel free to contact her. I am sending you positive healing thoughts and pray your MVD continues on a smooth path to successful ending. we are all here to help each other or at least try the best we can .If you have more questions, want to chat ,vent or need more contact with others who have had MVD do not hesitate to post here and me or one of us will be along to help.
Peace
BMW
Burntmarshmallow is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Enna70 (08-12-2015)