View Single Post
Old 06-26-2015, 09:02 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Default Pcs

My daughter got a concussion at 13 and suffers from PCS for 9 months now. She was hit on the head by a basketball. My doctor also recommends HRV biofeedback and breathing exercises. She also meets with a few therapists (ST & OT). She really likes cranial-sacral therapy. It helps relieve her headaches for a little while. I heard yoga and meditation are helpful in reducing stress & anxiety.

My neuropsych had a cognitive energy scale which was a good base line for tracking my daughter's cognitive moods. It was a scale of 1-5, with the emphasis on 3 (alert & attentive) as what she should aim for. 1-2 is exhausted/tired and 4/5 is distracted and hyper. So she has to keep a journal and track these energy scales to monitor her cognitive feelings, and my neuropsych comes up with strategies for her to avoid exhaustion and hyper-activity. It sounds like a good concept.

My doctor suggested Vital Nutrients because its suppose to be a pure form of supplements. Anyhow, it seems expensive and hard to find. Also my daughter does not really like pills, so I have to find alternative options like liquid and patch and oil based supplements.

Her main symptoms are mental fatigue, fogginess, and noise sensitivity. So I hope curcumin will alleviate the fogginess....
Mystical is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote