View Single Post
Old 06-26-2015, 12:20 PM
Newly Joined

8 yr Member
Newly Joined

8 yr Member

I've been to many forums and they all have the horrid details of the side effects of being on lyrica. This certainly seems to be a exclusive club that doctors and even pharmacist refuse to acknowledge. I am very grateful for these forums, they have certainly gave me hope in knowing that this will pass in time.
I started taking lyrica in November 2014, for severe lower lack pain. I tried all the other remedies and none of them helped my problem. An MRI revealed that I had severe stenosis resulting in pinched nerves. The lyrica helped my problem but I knew I needed to have a permanent fix. In January I went in for surgery and had a double laminectomy at L3 L5. I continued this drug through January and weened off towards the end of the month thinking that all is good. I should also state while taking the lyrica I knew I wasn't right in the head, things like forgetfulness, bouts of depression, anxiety, loss of appetite etc. But now I'm off of it and on the road to recovery, right? WRONG, in the middle of April I started having flu like symptoms, totally drained of energy, not wanting to do anything but lay in bed, this lasted for about 2-3 weeks. I thought I was going crazy, that feeling eventually went away and all was well again. Then the 18th of June, those same flu like symptoms came back again, and of course again you start thinking something is wrong, why am I feeling like this with no other signs of anything being wrong! My wife thinks I am crazy, I should go to the hospital etc. No one that has not taken lyrica just doesn't understand what this poison does to you!
I do at times wonder myself, can this be from taking this drug after you have stopped taking it 5 months ago? Has anyone else experienced these reoccurring symptoms after stopping 5-6 months ago?
Thanks to all for all the postings about this, as others have stated it is tremendous support and assurance that this is only temporary.
follini is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
PamelaJune (08-02-2015)