View Single Post
Old 06-26-2015, 12:35 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Confused and concerned

Hello again, since my last post a couple of days ago I went to hospital to have repeat blood test AChR.

I received the consultants letter in relation to last test. I quote

"I write to inform you that your anti-acetyl choline receptor anti-bodies are very slightly positive. I do not think this to be of any significance. However, I think it would be worthwhile repeating this blood test."

CONFUSION: When would a positive result NOT be of importance?

CONCERNED: After receiving replies to my last post I have read up a little on the web. Never sure if it is a good thing or bad. I noted the relationship with the thymus gland. My Mother died at age 66 of Hyperparathyroidism. A slow and hard thing to watch. However after removing Thyroid and Parathyroid glands a year later they opened her chest/breast bone to remove another "Gland". The only one I can think of in this area is the Thymus gland. This was in 1986 before fancy scanners etc.
I wonder if there is a familial connection in the family concerning the Thymus. Is there any genetic links proven?

Also I lost my eldest sister to lung cancer at age 56. (My age now). I read that a positive result AChR can be an early indicator of small cell lung cancer. Unfortunately as she had a bad back Xrays were of herspine and not lungs when she complained and when spotted she only survived 7 days.
How strong is this connection between AChR and Lung cancer.

AHHHHHHHHHH I read too much into things at times but the family history makes me react every time I get ill.
waterwillow is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
AnnieB3 (06-26-2015)