View Single Post
Old 06-26-2015, 01:46 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Smirk

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlaymon View Post
Thank you so much for your response, whiteaa.. How are you doing with walking and range of motion? It's crazy how you mentioned the ice.. Before I was diagnosed, the last few times I went to therapy, I noticed when they tried icing my knee, I couldn't stand the cold! I had to take it off, it was so sensitive.. I will definitely try swimming! I'm hoping for some answers at my next appt.. It's frustrating that he wants to take the "wait and see" approach.. I can't imagine going 6 more months like this.. I'm trying to stay positive.. I know things could always be worse.. I find it strange that he gave me very little info about RSD.. I pretty much had to research it myself.. Red flag, maybe??
With a combination of no ice, prescription NSAIDs, KT tape, pool, and physical therapy, I am proud to say that I have regained my range of motion and ability to walk without a limp (I can even do stairs now!!!). There are still some things I can't do, like grocery shopping, kneeling of any kind, lunging or squatting, but it helps to focus on the gains instead.

Wait and see does not sound like a good plan to me. CRPS is aggressive and I think it is important for us to be aggressive back to avoid spread and worsening of symptoms. Part of the problem with doctors treating this condition I think is that it's so rare and every scientific study I have read on it pretty much concludes with "meh...idk maybe". I think you doing research is a great thing and you should keep doing that and advocating for yourself. As much as our culture treats them like it, doctors are not magical all-knowing wizards. If you disagree with the treatment, let them know and tell them what you think is appropriate. And your body is wise! Listen to it!
whiteaa is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Littlepaw (06-26-2015), tlaymon (06-26-2015), visioniosiv (06-27-2015)