View Single Post
Old 06-26-2015, 08:33 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Default Have you tried DMSO?

When my feet were burning hot I used ice and continued to use ice, because it supposedly would help with the pain and swelling. I think I did some serious damage to my limbs.

I wish I had known about DMSO at the beginning of my CRPS journey, unfortunately by the time I purchased it my CRPS had turned cold and DMSO is not usually effective for cold CRPS. If yours hasn't turned cold, you might want to research it.

I found relief from swelling using a Bowen Therapy technique I found on YouTube. It sounds crazy, but it worked for me. Basically, I wrapped special washing crystals in a cotton cloth and tied the cloth to the swollen area for about 8 hours. My husband could not believe it when I showed him the wet cloths. Using this technique I no longer needed ice to relieve swelling.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlaymon View Post
Thank you so much for your response, whiteaa.. How are you doing with walking and range of motion? It's crazy how you mentioned the ice.. Before I was diagnosed, the last few times I went to therapy, I noticed when they tried icing my knee, I couldn't stand the cold! I had to take it off, it was so sensitive.. I will definitely try swimming! I'm hoping for some answers at my next appt.. It's frustrating that he wants to take the "wait and see" approach.. I can't imagine going 6 more months like this.. I'm trying to stay positive.. I know things could always be worse.. I find it strange that he gave me very little info about RSD.. I pretty much had to research it myself.. Red flag, maybe??
BioBased is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote