View Single Post
Old 06-26-2015, 11:18 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo*mar View Post
Hello shug2003,
That is one of the main problems, scar tissue growth /overgrowth... It is so hard to tell who might end up with more than the usual amount of scar tissue..

Was it ever mentioned with the imaging, if you had any scar tissue before the surgery?
Which procedures did you have? Rib removed? pec minor? scalenes?
No imaging to tell if I had scar tissue before the surgery. I had a supraclavicular thoracic outlet decompression including anterior and middle scalenectomy, brachial plexus neurolysis, resection of first rib, and pec minor tenotomy.

Post op imaging at spectrum(grand rapids, mi) showed nothing in brachial plexus. This was done with a 1.5 tesla MRI. I went to Mayo clinic a few months later and they used a MRI 3 tesla which showed scar tissue on the brachial plexus nerve roots, divisions and cords. T2 hyperintensity and signal changes in the brachial plexus to the upper arm and infraspinatus. I stress that if you are looking for scar tissue you need advanced imaging (MRN, 3 Tesla MRI)

My pec/coracoid tunnel is super tight still and I have been through 4 different physical therapists since the surgery without much relief. Pec area, above and below collarbone are tight and hypersensitive from the surgery. Meds have not helped thus far. Active release to the surgical area (supraclavicular/retroclavicular) is the only thing that gives me a a little relief but the tightness/irritation always comes back within 2 weeks. I wish I could do my own release of the scar tissue but I haven't been succuessful so far.

I still have Scapular pain and rhomboid upper thoracic paraspinal issues as well.
shug2003 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
elap (06-27-2015)