Old 06-27-2015, 02:29 AM
Newly Joined

8 yr Member
Newly Joined

8 yr Member
Default Tongue pressing front teeth while sleeping

Hello!

I'm new here

I have a problem with my tongue lately (couple of months).

Some times I wake up with sensitivity and a weird pain in my front teeth (I say weird because it isn't normal tooth pain causes by an infection, more like if I had fallen and hit my teeth). My teeth are also quite wiggly when this happens, they are not loose, but the normal movement of the teeth is clearly exaggerated.

After observing myself by waking up to check what I do, I've realized that the reason is most probably that my tongue rests and pushes against my front teeth while I sleep.

I've been to the dentist but by that time the teeth were quite firm again...for some reason, and she said "don't worry".

I do worry though, because it happens very often ( about 3 times/week) and I panic every time I see my teeth are wiggly again.

I didn't have this issue before, so it's not like my tongue is extra large or something. The only change in my life is that I suffer from anxiety and stress due to personal issues, so I guess it could be stress related.

Otherwise my dental health is OK, I try to take good care of my teeth.

Any advice? I'm really afraid of losing my front teeth one day, it looks really bad when they wiggle like they do.

Thanks a lot for your help!

Kind regards/Felicia
Felicia530 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote