View Single Post
Old 06-27-2015, 05:48 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Default Revisiting pamidronate

The pain doctor I saw said this is a good therapy, but would not give it to me. He and every other doctor I talked to said jaw necrosis was extremely rare. Of course this is not what my dentist told me.

To clarify: when I corresponded with Dr.Adamo, who participated in the Varenna nerixia study, he sent me the same info on pamidronate infusion as stated below.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cja1 View Post
I think it's also important to note the dosage used in this study. The study used an i.v. of 100 mg of Neridronate 4 times in 10 days. It was stated that this was a higher dose than are typically used for Paget's disease and higher than previous studies with bisphosphonates used for CRPS (studies that failed to achieve the excellent results of this article).

The equivalent dosage with Pamidronate (a bisphosphonate that is available in the U.S.) is an i.v. dose of 90 mg given 4 times over the course of 4 to 10 days.

I don't think that as good of results will be achieved with lower doses (or oral administration), but you should discuss this with your doctor.
BioBased is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote