View Single Post
Old 06-27-2015, 12:42 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Hey there,

I can certainly relate to how you feel. It is a tough and lonely road we travel on, my friend. Not many people can begin to understand the pain we feel, both physical and emotional.

The mental anguish I've experienced from PCS is greater than from losing my mother one week before my 20th birthday, losing a very close friend that same year and Having a friend die in 2012 from an unknown cause. I still don't know what happened to him and he was a perfectly healthy dude ready to serve in Afganstan later that year.

I also tried to take an antidepressant which I had a bad reaction to leaving me in worse shape.

Anyway my point is this seems to be mostly a difficult emotional individual battle when it comes down to it but there are people out there that can help - therapists and such. You have to remember that by definition PCS is a condition that has an end date. Of course that's not always the case but we both have to keep hope alive.

I struggle with severe depression and anxiety daily and tend to argue with my girlfriend even when she tries to help. It's very difficult not being able to love her the same way as before because of my disabilities. There is lots of screaming and crying involved.

Keep the hope and faith alive brother. That's all you can do. Take it one day at a time. It ought to get better for both of us relatively soon. In the meantime do yourself a favor and keep up good nutrition and follow the vitamin regimen.

I'm praying for you man,
Danny
DannyT is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote