View Single Post
Old 06-27-2015, 01:56 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by icelander View Post
See this is what I think I've been doing to myself all these years. Spiking over and over and over because of binge eating junk. My insulin still works however and that's why eating like a normal human has brought my glucose into the healthy range. So I might not be pre or diabetic but still have caused my neuropathy with the spiking for all those years. Does that sound like a possible?
I've been doing the same thing all these years, only not with junk food but with "healthy carbs." The effect is the same.

Eating low carb and checking your glucose postprandial BG or fasting BG isn't going to tell you if you still have a problem. To see if you're not metabolizing glucose properly, just emulate the glucose tolerance test at home.

- Take your fasting blood glucose before you eat
- Eat a very high carb meal...like white pasta with garlic bread...really splurge
- Check your BG at the one hour mark after you started eating
- Check your BG at the two hour mark

If you're under 140 at the 2 hour mark, you're fine. Some people would say that to be classified normal, that one hour mark number shouldn't be over 140 either, but I think that might be up for debate.

When I was still in the 160s at the two hour mark, I kept checking on the hour to see how long it would take me to get back down to normal.

Last edited by janieg; 06-27-2015 at 02:20 PM.
janieg is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
zkrp01 (06-28-2015)