View Single Post
Old 06-27-2015, 07:02 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by waterwillow View Post
Hello again, since my last post a couple of days ago I went to hospital to have repeat blood test AChR.

I received the consultants letter in relation to last test. I quote

"I write to inform you that your anti-acetyl choline receptor anti-bodies are very slightly positive. I do not think this to be of any significance. However, I think it would be worthwhile repeating this blood test."

CONFUSION: When would a positive result NOT be of importance?

CONCERNED: After receiving replies to my last post I have read up a little on the web. Never sure if it is a good thing or bad. I noted the relationship with the thymus gland. My Mother died at age 66 of Hyperparathyroidism. A slow and hard thing to watch. However after removing Thyroid and Parathyroid glands a year later they opened her chest/breast bone to remove another "Gland". The only one I can think of in this area is the Thymus gland. This was in 1986 before fancy scanners etc.
I wonder if there is a familial connection in the family concerning the Thymus. Is there any genetic links proven?

Also I lost my eldest sister to lung cancer at age 56. (My age now). I read that a positive result AChR can be an early indicator of small cell lung cancer. Unfortunately as she had a bad back Xrays were of herspine and not lungs when she complained and when spotted she only survived 7 days.
How strong is this connection between AChR and Lung cancer.

AHHHHHHHHHH I read too much into things at times but the family history makes me react every time I get ill.
get a cbc-dif blood test
this will give the cancer doctors a look into the platelet count and hg

a upper CT scan, with contrast
this will give them a good look into the lungs, and lymph area

get the vitamin d25 hydroxy blood work done
if your vitamin d3 is low get on it asap I take 6000 iu not 600 iu a day and
keep my levels as close to 80 as i can

I HAVE lambert eaton for over 2 years now with every 6 months testing for lug cancer and monthly blood work so far so good but you must keep on top if it..
also remember NOT all lambert is just lung cancer it can be any cancer also it can be NO Cancer and be autoimmune
i also have a thyroid issue..
davew41 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
AnnieB3 (06-27-2015)