View Single Post
Old 06-27-2015, 10:34 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by janieg View Post
The kratom arrived today, and I took some about two hours ago. I didn't want to wait until bedtime in case it had a stimulating effect on me.

That definitely is not the case. It has a sedating/relaxing effect on me, and VERY happily, I can also report it has dialed back the SFN pain and discomfort a notch or three. I wasn't having a really bad day, but it wasn't a really good day either. I was uncomfortable when I took it, but not nearly as bad as it can get.

I still feel all my usual neurological symptoms...the tingling in my legs and feet, the referred sensation I experience, and the creepy/crawly feeling in my temples, but there's no burning or pain accompanying it like there was before I took it.

The pain I have in my elbow from tendinitis is also noticeably less severe,

This is definitely something I could only use at night because of the sedation, but that's when I need the help the most. The real test will be when I'm having a really bad flare, but I'm not going to wish for one soon.

I'm beyond thrilled to have this in my arsenal. Knowing I might have something to turn to when I'm flaring badly is a HUGE relief.

Thanks so much to everyone who posted on this. I had no idea it even existed.
Do you feel comfortable relating what strain you used?

I am considering it for my SFN. I can no longer take anti-convulsants due to their supposed change for my low platelets. I had low platelets before, but can't argue with those doctors.

Anyway, I read the site, thank you, but still am not sure what to order.

TIA
baba222 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
DejaVu (07-19-2015), echoes long ago (06-28-2015)