View Single Post
Old 06-28-2015, 04:01 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

[QUOTE=heb1212;1148993]
Quote:
Originally Posted by en bloc View Post
Many AI diseases can cause neuropathy. I have Sjogren's and antiphospholipid syndrome (with strokes). Sjogren's can cause numerous neurological problems to include central, peripheral and autonomic neuropathies.

Also, many AI diseases can overlap so patients can actually have more than one.[/QUO
I know this posting goes way back, en bloc, but I know you still contribute so often and with a lot of good advice still. If you happen to catch this one, I'd appreciate your input. In a nut shell, I have body-wide neuropathy, absolutely everywhere, pretty bad joint pain and terrible muscle pain. The most recent blood work finding showed a highly positive antiphospholipid antibody. All other blood work is pretty normal, including the specific testing for Sjogren's. Have any doctors ever linked your neuropathy more specifically to aPL than the Sjogren's? I'm really wondering if I'm one of those antibody negative people, especially now that the aPL is so strongly positive. My rheumatologist seemed to think it a possibility it is related to prolonged viral activity since the other rheum blood work is normal. I guess the only reason it would matter is because my treatment options would be different. I know I could get a lip biopsy, but I've been through so much the last couple years and the idea of going through and recovering from yet another procedure that seldom produces anything revealing is too much for me.
Thanks so much for your input. I really appreciate it!
defintely see a rheumy. you should also get tested for diabetes, since diabetic neuropathy causes both PN and AUTONOMIC which would be systemic, and some vitamin deficiencies as well.
Neuroproblem is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote