Old 06-28-2015, 06:24 AM
Newly Joined

8 yr Member
Newly Joined

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanna View Post
Hi Felicia,

The sensitivity, weird pain and temporary mobility of your lower front teeth upon wakening generally indicates a clenching/grinding of your teeth habit. As you clench down or grind your teeth your tongue pushes forward. If you do that enough times during the night, the pressure of the tongue against the teeth will make them feel mobile. The sensitivity is because the periodontal ligaments, which are like live elastic bands that surround the circumference of the root of each tooth in the jaw bone, become inflamed from the pressure against the teeth. If this habit continues, the nerves inside of the teeth will also become inflamed and eventually become sick and die. So this is something that needs to be addressed and cured.

Here is a great you tube video with experts talking about TMJ issues and treatment.

Hope this info helps.

Hello!

Thanks a lot for your response.

It's actually the top front teeth which are in trouble, my tongue moves up to the roof of my mouth and rests behind them and starts pushing.

I did had (maybe still have?) some issues with bruxism, although I thought it was getting better with some jaw relaxation/stretching I got from my PT. However it is possible I still do it and don't know about it.

The idea to put my tongue up was actually a dentists tip to reduce the clenching/grinding, but now it seems to have created another issue.

I will take a look at this video and update later.

Thanks again/Felicia
Felicia530 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote