View Single Post
Old 06-28-2015, 07:20 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Yeah my Codman has the anti siphon feature. And 20cm is the highest setting it goes to. I just had another appointment with my neurosurgeon this past week. Again he seems to think that my body may need a higher pressure.

I only started having symptoms for about 2 months when my lumbar puncture was done. So he thinks my pressure might need to be on the high end. He just adjusted the valve to a 16 now. He only wants to go a notch at a time but says I may very well need it fully opened at 20.

He says everyone builds CSF / pressure at different rates. Any idea on how long it takes to go up one notch? Even though I'm set at 16 I may still be low until the pressure builds up.

I do feel like I'm getting a little better but it's happening so slow so it's hard to tell. But we are pretty sure at this point that we are adjusting in the right direction now. I have had any headaches in weeks.

So again, any idea on how fast the body would produce enough CSF to raise 1 setting. I'm 32 years old. Pretty healthy other than this.
king6955 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote