View Single Post
Old 06-28-2015, 08:12 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nervous View Post
I have a list of symptoms and of supplements. I'll have to get back to you on all that. But I appreciate your concern.

Things may get better for me. Or they may stay the same. But I am past the panic and fear over the fact that they might get worse. My affairs are in order, so I can take what comes, one step at a time.

This forum, particularly mrsD, have been a great help. I am easily discouraged by doctors — who, as everyone here knows, are inadequate — but NeuroTalk has been a substantive help and I am grateful.

Cheers.
Yes, I feel the same somewhat. I can still get into a panic mode on occasion when things are flaring but overall I'm letting go of the fears associated with it. I'm 62 and I'm heading out the door anyway. My affairs are in good order and everything is in place in the event of my demise.

There is a phrase from the movie Croupier, which btw is one of my top 10 favorite movies. Hang on tightly, let go lightly.

I will fight like mad to cure myself or find a way to have a life in spite of what is happening. But if in my heart I truly feel I don't want to do it anymore or suffer it then I give myself permission to intervene in my own behalf. This IMO is honorable and good. Anyone who really loves me will support me in this. I can think of no greater loss than the loss of one's memories of the good times, to unremitting pain. I watched it happen with my mother.
icelander is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Dious (03-11-2016)