View Single Post
Old 06-28-2015, 11:19 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanna View Post
You really should have tried to call your dentist over the weekend. Every dentist has to be on call 24 hours a day and if they are away they have to have another dentist on call for them 24 hours a day. That is the law, irrelevant of where you live and I'm sure he would have gotten back to you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by eyanosa View Post
Regarding my dentist, no, they do not. I left a message on their voice mail, but they won't get it until Monday. Once again, the problem with where I live.
I don't know where you live, but I have honestly never heard of such a law and I have lived in most of the states. Heck, there are normal doctors offices that don't even have such a thing. My dentist is open Monday through Thursday and if you have any issues outside of that time, you have to deal with it yourself. They also don't allow walk-ins and they run their office like a therapist office (i.e. you have an allotted time slot and they will only do work until the time expires, as with my case because he kept asking his assistant how much time was left).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanna View Post
Regarding the antibiotic... amoxicillin and clindaymcin are both effective in dealing with dental infections even when they are in the jaw bone. Sometimes the species of bacteria causing the infection are resistant to certain antibiotics. So in those cases a different antibiotic needs to be prescribed. If that is your particular case, your dentist would not have known that when he prescribed amoxicillin.
90% of the time, osteomyelitis is caused by Staphylococcus aureus. When it comes to osteomyelitis, it is not about the type of bacteria, but how invasive the infection is, and, considering the dentist told me my entire jaw was infected (not just all of my teeth but upper and lower jaw bones), I should have been placed on the '500lb. gorilla of tooth abscess antibiotics'. This is because clindamycin has the second highest bone penetration of all antibiotics (only exceeded by intravenous injections of Rifampin (I've been doing a lot of research)). So yeah, based on my individual issues, he probably should have given clindamycin, though I am not saying that would be idea for everyone as my case in special since I was told 12 years ago to get all my teeth extracted and didn't due to extreme anxiety.

Anyways, we are kind of getting off topic here. So, to that effect, what could be causing the pain in the extraction locations of the front teeth? I know those do not have dry socket as I can slightly see the redish-brown clot within the very tiny holes that are left.
eyanosa is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote