View Single Post
Old 06-29-2015, 11:41 AM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

You are nauseous from the anxiety from the over-stimulation. Not uncommon.

Your washer should not be vibrating so much. It may need the feet adjusted or some other adjustment. There are vibration dampeners that are supposed to handle this. They may be worn out or the washer may have never been set up correctly. There are clamps in some washers that need to be removed prior to use. These clamps hold everything in place during shipping.

Here are some other ways to reduce vibration from http://joneakes.com/jons-fixit-datab...ashing-machine
"Precaution number two: a primary element that creates vibration is too much soap. I am serious. Some manufacturers specify low suds soaps, and in general we tend to use too much soap in all our machines. Just a suggestion of a bubble on the water is the limit of soap. The reason too much soap causes a problem is that the suds displace the clothes in such a manner as to create the imbalance. Along with this you really should sort your clothes not only by colour, but by density. Washing very light material with very dense material will cause vibration as well. This is not much of a problem with the top loading machines but it is important for front loading machines. Also small loads do not work well in front loading machines."
Jon has a lot more to say about vibration. Check the link.

I know how this over-stimulation can be a problem. We don't have the vibration problem but I still have to make sure the washer and/or dryer is set up correctly and the door to the laundry room is closed. The stimulation can be exhausting.
Mark in Idaho is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Claired (06-29-2015)