View Single Post
Old 06-29-2015, 12:49 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

eyanosa,

I live in NJ and just happen to have a personal connection to the dental profession for 36 years. It is my understanding that emergency care for patients of record are the same universally. According to the ADA Code Of Ethics and Professional Conduct under Section 4 Principal Justice section 4B it reads.
<<EMERGENCY SERVICE:
Dentists shall be obliged to make reasonable arrangements for the emergency care of their patients of record. Dentists shall be obliged when consulted in an emergency by patients not of record to make reasonable arrangements for emergency care. If treatment is provided, the dentist, upon completion of treatment, is obliged to return the patient to his or her regular dentist unless the patient expressly reveals a different reference.>>

Most dental offices run their practice on a set time schedule. Unlike a hair salon that has time to fit in walk ins. So the dentist that you see is not different than most others in that respect.

So then you do you have a long standing and extensive infection in not just the teeth, past and still present, but in your jaw bone as well. This is what I had initially thought based on your original post here and why I stated the one dose of antibiotics is not going to cure the infection but rather subside some symptoms, inflammation and bacteria. Perhaps it would be a good idea if your dentist and you discussed the severity of your infection and come up with an antibiotic protocol to eradicate the infection once all of your teeth are extracted.

The pain you have can be dry socket related but it's more likely due to the infection that you have circulating through your jaw bone of which cannot be surgically debrided in its entirety, your poor oral hygiene promotes the build up of infectious bacteria and plaque and your diet is severely lacking in nutrition. All of those things contribute to post op complications, pain and slow healing.

Since you like to do research perhaps this piece of information will enlighten you...
http://www.medicaldaily.com/pulse/so...-health-319054

***I have been in the dental profession for 4 decades. I am an educator and Certified Dental Assistant extensively experienced in chair side assisting and dental radiography. The information that I provide here is my opinion based on my education and professional experience. It is not meant to be taken as medical advice.***
Bryanna is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote