View Single Post
Old 06-29-2015, 05:40 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Hi Monika,

I am glad to hear that you are feeling okay.

The decrease in symptoms and appearance of the lump is positive. The tenderness though is a bit concerning. The problem with an ongoing infection in the jaw bone is that the bacteria can migrate and find a path to drain into. Sometimes as this occurs, the original site seems to get better only to develop a new site elsewhere. So if things continue to "improve" but are not completely better, it would behoove you to see the dentist at the 4-6 week mark for a clinical examination and periapical xray. The xray will not show the formation of new bone yet as it is too early for that. But it would show if their were bacterial pathology in that area.

Hope this info helps. Thanks for checking back with us!

Quote:
Originally Posted by indiansummer View Post
Hi again Bryanna,

Thank you so much for taking the time to message me back. It really means a lot.

I decided to wait a little before contacting my dentist again. Tomorrow will be 2 weeks from the extraction and about 3-3,5 weeks since that hard lump formed in my jaw.

At first it was solid, hard as a marble and kind of round too. Now it feels a fraction softer, it does not hurt, it feels slightly tender when I press it and I get this weird sensation too. It's difficult to describe... When I press it, I feel pressure. The area is still raised underneath the extraction site, but it's much flatter. There's no bleeding, no other discharge, everything's healing well I think.

In your opinion, are these changes a positive ones? Is there a tiny possibility that my body's dealing with it and the lump in fact will eventually go away because it's showing signs of going down? It's a VERY slow process though.

I'm really curious what you think.

With kindest regards and thanks

Monika

PS. I'm in the UK.

***I have been in the dental profession for 4 decades. I am an educator and Certified Dental Assistant extensively experienced in chair side assisting and dental radiography. The information that I provide here is my opinion based on my education and professional experience. It is not meant to be taken as medical advice.***
Bryanna is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote