View Single Post
Old 06-30-2015, 12:10 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Default Grateful for this support system

I just have to say, I'm so glad I found this forum. Even though I'm here for my son with CRPS, you've all been so much help. It's been a huge life changer for our whole family. I'm grateful for the support, information, and having people to help figure out confusing parts of this diagnosis. It helps to have people to talk to who "get it". Our family is supportive, but some have a hard time understanding why he can't just "tough it out" or "ignore the pain". I try to help them understand CRPS pain. It's important for his relationships with them, that they learn to understand it, at least to a degree. How do you help family members with this? Our family is close, and they mean well, but I've gotten everything from "He just has to take pain pills every two hours if he needs it" or "but it was just fractures" or "he's going to have this the rest of his life, and you both just need to learn to deal with it." It's almost comical, I suppose, but I've had to intervene for him more than once when someone was being particularly insensitive. They're trying, I think, and slowly learning. I'm just curious how others have handled this.
swimtime is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
maygin (07-08-2015)