View Single Post
Old 06-30-2015, 08:53 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

I think having a known nerve injury now ought to be a game changer and I would present it as such. It is not just his fractures, it was fractures then an extremely invasive surgery with a whole hardware store shoved inside and then a major nerve injured. CRPS is a painful overdrive syndrome thrown on for extra fun.

Nerve injuries are acknowledged to be devestatingly painful. When most people I talk to hear that I had a nerve torn in surgery they visibly cringe. Family may be more supportive when they learn that a nerve was injured and CRPS is a known nervous system response to injury. They also need to know that the nerve cannot recover if it is kept in a state of distress. There are chemical changes in function that result from nerve injury alone and also from CRPS. Being gentle with it allows an environment in which it may be able to settle and normalize. This may not be life long and taking pain pills every two hours just masks overdoing it, causing potential damage. Maybe as they achieve a better understanding of this, they will recognize that one has to be a super bad**s to get through this.

Hang tough Mom! Keep up the fight!

Shine Your Bright Light
Littlepaw is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
swimtime (06-30-2015)