View Single Post
Old 06-30-2015, 09:03 AM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BreezyRacer View Post
Sorry if I seemed a bit vague. I have nothing against the profit model .. the entire world I live in operates that way.

What I am miffed at are all the studies that "find this, find that", yet conventional treatment modalities never change. The research never seems to make it down to the patient level because it's your insurance company that dictates treatment methods.

How is any doc supposed to ever try these new modalities (speaking in general terms of health care, not specific to any particular disease like PD, etc).

We are getting further away from "personalized care", not closer to it. When was the last time a doc even tried to get you a homocysteine level test, much less any genetic testing. The treatment you get is cookie cutter because that's all that will be paid for by your insurance company.

So, does the doc determine the treatment? No, it's the insurance companies. That's the way my doc explained it to me. Ask your doc about it ..

I am GLAD I'm not a doctor .. it's got to be stressful as hell .. if you still care.

if your're saying insurance companies don't like to compensate doctors for keeping you healthy, some do more than others. you mention insurance companies not compensating for testing for homocysteine or i guess other tests you think are important. i see your point now. yet ironically, more unnecessary tests/procedures are likely prescribed than ever before due to defensive medicine. just joking but why sweat the details, as technology improves, we'll just get organ replacements, stem cells.

now lets talk about global warming, i'm in seattle and we are hitting record highs and record drought. don't even want to think about what life will be like here with no snow pack in future years
soccertese is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote