View Single Post
Old 06-30-2015, 09:58 AM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

i've never tried stalevo, just generic sinemet so won't offer an opinion plus i'm not a doctor. it would be helpful to give drug doseages and dispensing times, other drugs your husband is taking, other medical conditions, other pd drugs your husband has tried and of course what does your doctor say?

in my case, i very quickly went from no wearing off to wearing off in sometimes less than 2 hours and had to increase my C/L (generic sinemet) from 600 to 800 and now up to 1000mg/day and am trying out regular generic requip to extend on time, yuk. so it sounds like your husband's sinemet "honeymoon" ended? happens to most pd'ers where you get to the point with sinemet where aren't making very much dopamine in your brain, you can't store dopamine in your brain anymore and you depend on every sinemet pill and with it's short half life you can go "off" like someone flipped a switch.

did this change happen suddenly, going from never freezing to a lot of freezing? might be a gastric emptying problem.

you might want to get a used copy of "THE PARKINSON'S DISEASE TREATMENT BOOK" by ahlskog, goes into great detail about how pd progresses symptom wise and how to treat it, what drugs, drug combos and doseages to start with and what's the "normal" doses as you progress. good book to refer to before seeing a neuro.
soccertese is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote