View Single Post
Old 06-30-2015, 11:12 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Default Introduction

Hi, my name is Grey. I've had RSD/CRPS for 20 years now. I'm in my 40s. I've been pretty happy the last seven years or so, ever since the doctors found a medication combo that worked for me. I made a post explaining my situation, and the therapies I have tried. It said it had to be approved before it would show up.

I live in Ohio, I have one daughter who is the most beautiful, smart and wonderful human being I have ever met. She will graduate college next year. I have a cat who I love dearly, and who makes me smile and makes me happy every single day. I enjoy painting, knitting, jewelry making, books, current events and movies. I work part time from the comfort of my own home, and I also volunteer for two non-profit organizations. I live a relatively normal and happy life. I am able to do this because of my medication regimen, physical therapy, exercise, swimming, hot tub and sauna. Until recently I felt very blessed, especially since I have this disease and I know it can cause far worse pain than I have felt in recent years.

My current doctor is retiring, and I've had such a difficult time finding someone new. The stress of it is literally making me sick. Searching for medical treatment is more upsetting than the disease itself. I'm frustrated, angry, scared and feeling used and abused by the medical community. I am a human being that is sick, and does well with medications. I am through with being a pincushion. I don't want to have things implanted in me. I don't want to be involved in a medical study. I want to live my life in peace the way I have been for the last seven years. I am not just a hunk of meat that walks into a medical office, there to have procedures performed on me for the amusement doctors, and to make their bank balance grow. I am a person that deserves medical treatment that works for me, and to have the lest invasive treatment possible.

I feel like no one understands me, and that no one cares. I didn't feel this way until recently, when my doctor told me that he's retiring. I can't go back to the pain I felt before. It's not right. I shouldn't have to suffer when there is safe, effective, legal and minimally invasive treatment that works for me.
GreyStreet is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
BioBased (11-07-2015), DejaVu (11-11-2015), Littlepaw (12-18-2015)