View Single Post
Old 07-01-2015, 01:30 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbarrett View Post
thank you very much. He takes stalevo 31.25-125 (200 mg) 4 x a day plus a carbidopa/levo extended release 50/200 at bedtime. Formerly he was on sinemet 4 x a day. His freezing episodes and inability to move/walk well began a couple/months ago. We have discussed this with his physician, but he made no changes when he was last seen. He also takes amantadine 100 mg 2x a day. He has had digestive issues for some time and uses a stool softener which helps tremendously as well as Miralax on an as-needed basis. His general practitioner prescribed nexium for his indigestion and it helps somewhat. We are wondering if the stalevo has simply become ineffective and we were curious if others had perhaps had the same experience. His muscles are very tight and his body is rigid. Movement is extremely difficult.
He's taking the same anti P.D. drugs and mostly the same dosages as me.
Sorry can't help with digestive problem but as far as Parkinsons drugs go perhaps he could try taking another 200mg CR Sinemet during the night?
If he's off then its a long time before his next dose in morning of Stalevo.
Also something my MDS recommended which has made a big difference for me anyway is when I started on Stalevo which most of the time works (but sometimes doesn't) is when I find myself between doses in an 'off' state I take 1/2 a regular 100mg Sinemet and it tides me over.
On average I take that extra half a Sinemet once or twice a day.
I automatically take the extra half a plain Sinemet if I've had a good nights sleep too and gone for example 8-9 hrs with no extra Sinemet CR to get me up and moving of a morning faster.
Also be sure to take the drugs on time!
Best wishes.
made it up is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
soccertese (07-01-2015)