View Single Post
Old 07-01-2015, 07:54 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Hello Grey and Welcome,

Your longevity with this disease and the amazing amount of function that you have are an inspiration. Most healthy people don't work out that much! You have clearly found things that work. I am sorry you are having so much trouble finding a new doctor. That is just terrible and is obviously is so imperative for continuation of living as you do. To refuse your current care that is working and recommend an SCS instead makes no sense to me.

Has your current doctor already retired? Do they have any colleagues that they recommend? you sound like a model patient! Doctors always know other doctors well enough to recommend someone and make some phone calls. Is a letter from your doctor an option, verifying your treatments and longtime compliance? something to put on your chart to aid documentation? The new regs on opiates are making things harder for prescribers and additional documentation may help. Is there an ombudsman in your state who can help? Sometimes there is one with the Dept. of Health.

Let us know what happens. The retiring provider scenario can be so hard. It is especially difficult with a disease that few really understand.

I am sending hugs and prayers for your continued care and health.

Shine Your Bright Light
Littlepaw is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote