View Single Post
Old 07-01-2015, 08:39 AM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

ELna,

The pulling you had may have been due to the way the dentist stitched the wound closed. He may have pulled some of your upper cheek tissue over with the sutures to close it. Once he removed those sutures, the wound opened up. This indicates that the wound had not healed closed in spite of being sutured. I don't know what is preventing the sinus and the wound from healing if he tells you everything looks fine and there is no infection.

Obviously the sinus is open. Why he is not concerned baffles me. I know you have been careful to avoid doing certain things. So let's look at it from a different perspective. What are you doing? What are you eating, brushing your teeth with, rinsing with, what medications do you take, do you smoke, do you drink soda or alcohol...? I am just trying to see if anything in your lifestyle may be hindering the healing of the sinus.

On another note... I am glad that you are feeling better in spite of all this going on!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELna View Post
Well, that's sorted. The stitches did hold something somewhere because what I only suspected yesterday - that the hole is open is certain now - like on the first day.
I'm beyond desperate. RELIGIOUSLY followed all advice, didn't even eat only liquids, no sneezing, no blowing the nose, talking or bending.

Now liquid and air goes again and the pulling is gone. Appears like something was stitched somewhere and without the sutures it broke lose.

question. Can the tissue that was used to cover the hold prevent it from closing on its own? I can not have another operation now - I have an appointment a month from now.
Is there any chance at all for it to heal on its own now? Any?

There is no infection, no pain.
I scared what's next.

Thank you.

***I have been in the dental profession for 4 decades. I am an educator and Certified Dental Assistant extensively experienced in chair side assisting and dental radiography. The information that I provide here is my opinion based on my education and professional experience. It is not meant to be taken as medical advice.***
Bryanna is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote