View Single Post
Old 07-01-2015, 01:20 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Grin

Quote:
Originally Posted by mezzo17 View Post
I am new here, and come after an interesting 3 months.

In January I was rear-ended by a semi-truck. In addition to having whiplash, after about 3 weeks I was finally diagnosed as having suffered a concussion. I'm not quite sure how they did not notice this for the first 3 weeks as I seemed to have every symptom, but I digress.

Things are slowly starting to improve - my body is moving better for sure. I still notice that it takes me quite a while to recall information to have an intelligent conversation and that I am forgetting things often. However, I've been having a very strange thing happen that I am now starting to wonder if it is linked to the PCS. I am 30 years old and have always been cold, but now I find myself having what I can only term hot flashes. Has anyone else experienced temperature sensitivity such as this following a concussion? I'm going for a CT scan in a week, related to the concussion but not related to these hot flashes as I didn't mention them to my doctor.

I am 62 years old, post menopausal and since my Moderate TBI and PCS since Jan. 2015 MVA I have made progress but remain on disability, however I am researching these "hot flashes" I now have, they are horrible. I found a site that talked about Neuroendocrine disorder after a head injury, this may help you, it did me. Just have to take a lot of cool showers
pandrews is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote