View Single Post
Old 07-01-2015, 06:09 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Default Just now diagnosed with PCS after injury 3 months ago

I got kicked in the head by a crowd surfer wearing high heels at a concert on April 6th. It left a small gash and large bump, I was bleeding, and I blacked out for a second or two from it. Now at this time I didn't even think anything of it. Because I was enjoying the concert. For the next 10 days I had pure insomnia because I was cold turkey withdrawing from phenibut (some of you may know what this is like) and only attributed any sort of symptom I had to the phenibut. The insomnia finally ended. But of course I still had a very bad pounding pain where I was struck in the head.

Anyway I don't feel like getting into the rest of the story. I had weird symptoms appear later in April. More symptoms appear in May. And plenty more in June.

I went through so many different tests and failed to tell doctors I was struck and had head trauma. I don't know why, maybe that's a symptom itself.

Currently I have plenty of classic symptoms:
- Migraines everyday
- Insomnia
- Anxiety/depression, irrational decision making
- Fatigue, demotivation
- Appetite issues
- Cognitive issues
- Random tunnel vision
- Memory loss, mostly short term

I'll have good days (nowhere near perfect however) and bad days (where I feel like dying). I haven't had suicidal thoughts or anything of that nature, though.

I'm only on clonazepam right now because my anxiety and insomnia was horrid the past three weeks before I got this PCS diagnosis.

Before my next visit to my neurologist, what can I expect from this late diagnosis? He didn't give me much info at the first visit. I was in a a bad state during the visit. Felt very depersonalized and wasn't retaining anything he said. It was one of my very bad days.

I just don't know how he can treat my other symptoms while I'm already on clonazepam.
derekkka is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote