View Single Post
Old 07-01-2015, 11:21 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolinabluetec View Post
I had some very mild neuropathy in one foot that manifested itself in very cold weather in January 2014. I was diagnosed with colon cancer in March 2014 and had a surgical resection in May 2014. Since I was a Stage 2 patient I more or less had the choice of chemo or no chemo. Since there is no "right answer" I chose to go the oral chemo route with the generic form of Xeloda. By the 3rd round I was having a side effect known as "hand-foot" syndrome with is fairly common. After a dose reduction I finished 8 rounds even though I was having pain in my hands and feet but the more serious symptoms of HFS had subsided. I am now 6 months out from my last chemo round and I am still having significant pain in my feet (hands are sort of manageable). To get some relief I am taking Gabapentin and using a compounded cream of Baclofen 5% / Amitriptyline HCL 2% / Ketamine HCL 5% in Lipoderm which works very well for a few hours. I have also begun Anodyne therapy hopeful that this will provide an additional long term solution. Has anyone else experienced CIPN and eventually recovered?

Not chemo but something very close a dapsone induced neuropathy
Is the Anodyne therapy helping you?
jurgen975 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote