View Single Post
Old 07-02-2015, 06:57 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Heart Yes, I will pray, and keep you in my thoughts

Living with CRPS is a nightmare and each medical failure makes it worse. I understand. In March a brain aneurysm was found incidentally, so the doctors want me to have it coiled and stented. One third of these coiling procedures have to be re-done, plus there is continual monitoring. The stent and the coils are metal! I have made myself crazy going over this, but the fact is worry and over thinking doesn't help me. It only makes my situation worse.

I am trying to move forward by going through everything in my house, not all at once, but small goals at a time. It is a slow and often physically agonizing process, because I cannot carry much. But even though I move at the pace of a tortoise I have made my possessions fewer and my life lighter.

Try watching some YouTube mediation and self hypnosis videos. Try chanting or singing. Watch funny movies.

How do you occupy yourself?

Yesterday I had a PT consult. She was CRPS knowledgeable. Her plan includes mirror therapy. Have you heard of this? As I said in another post I am willing to try anything.

My husband bought me an InMotion pedal/elliptical which I use sitting. It is a versatile item that can also be used standing with a cane or walker, it has a small footprint. I am also waiting for a gizmo called WonderCore Smart to be on special. It looks like something that could help me regain strength. There is little exercise I can do,because most of it makes me sick, especially anything with rapid head movements, so I am constantly looking for work arounds. Have you tried isometric exercise? Or gentle Hatha Yoga? Massage-self massage?

You must not let yourself despair, because your youth is going to help you beat this. Young people recover from CRPS.

Do you get out? My husband pushed me in a wheelchair through wegman's yesterday and it was exhilarating. I avoid going out, because I hate how I look and because I get exhausted walking with crutches. But now that I have a handicap placard and there are wheelchairs and scooters in stores I can do more.

Have you watched the Pradeep Chopra videos on YouTube? He is an authority on CRPS. I am going to use low dose naltrexone, the drug Chopra discusses. Tomorrow is the day I begin. I will let you know if it helps.

Is your CRPS cold or hot?

Please write back.
BioBased is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
EnglishDave (07-02-2015), Littlepaw (07-02-2015), Russell (07-02-2015)