Old 07-02-2015, 03:41 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diandra
Well Auntie,
If nothing else this will give you a good laugh.
Years ago my mother.in.law had a raccoon problem and asked for help.
I found an article that said human urine deters raccoons.
It was also July 4th weekend and lots of family were visiting so all the men, that night, offered to "mark" her property to help her. We all had a good laugh. I cant tell you if it worked because we also bought a little shed to put her trash and in because her problem was that the raccoons kept getting into her trash, dumping it over and leaving a holy mess.
We did see less raccoon activity so who knows? Maybe Urine smell or the frustration of no more free lunch sent them elsewhere.

My husband runs a hardware store and they sell coyote urine to deter various backyard wildlife and I know it sells well.

A blog post about this topic....

I wish you the best in solving your raccoon issues.
Let us know what transpires.
Diandra
I can attest that human urine works for wolves, weasels, and the like. The weasels were bothering the chickens. Also, I know that a dog's urine works for ground hogs. Can't say the same for skunks. I don't know as I trapped them and got rid of them the old fashioned way. Also, I would guess for raccoons. The old fashioned way works great. It does help to keep trash away.

Saw a show once on the guy doing his thing when he was out with the wolves and it worked.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"It is what it is."
Kitt is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Diandra (07-03-2015)