View Single Post
Old 07-02-2015, 05:26 PM
Co-Administrator
Community Support Team

15 yr Member
Co-Administrator
Community Support Team

15 yr Member

I will say, that for me (and probably many others) working & trying to heal did not work.. but I was doing assembly work speed & repetition & 10 hr days...
I already had multiple & various RSI dx's - probably all a factor w/ my TOS..
Mine is mild now & more of a myofasical pain syndrome.. but been off work since 04.
If I goof around on computer for many hours or a couple days in a row , like when I need to fix or upgrade my system, I can feel aches in my hands & elbows..
But I can stack hay & do some heavy chores, now my low back has more of an issue for those things..
I did find a really good chiro that was a healer of sorts I guess as he seemed to know what would work, and listened to what I described, and he did other soft tissue modalities too. Ultrasound, IF stim, low level laser Trigger point work...

I don't like to say it but taking some major steps now if at all possible to repair & heal will be better in the long run..

here are some easy things to try at home many times a day- if they make you worse then stop.. but don't overdo ofr force it, baby steps forward is the key w/ TOS..
http://neurotalk.psychcentral.com/album.php?albumid=422

check out the sticky threads of PT & trigger points..
But if you can locate a really good advanced/expert PT or an awesome chiro that does many things .. that will be a good thing...
Don't tolerate cookie cutter or same old generic stuff PT , run away LOL...

I had bad PT and some really good PT but I had to learn a lot myself to be able to tell the difference...but I did have misalignments from an active tomboy childhood and a few horse accidents.. so that chiro really was a plus over most of the PTs.. plus they didn't have the laser.. or the IF stim , and didn't seem to do/know much about trigger points..