View Single Post
Old 07-02-2015, 09:12 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I had trouble with bumpy roads, and driving the lawnmower and tractor. My pt gave me exercises that helped with that. I had to be careful when and how much I did because if I overdid it I would get a migraine. He had me put my hand on the side of my head and push against it left and right through the full range of motion, there were others for my upper back and the back of my neck and at the same time I did tons of gentle stretching and work on my posture. It helped a lot, but I was very diligent. After a few weeks I could mow the lawn without getting sick. I still do the exercises after 3 years because I find it helps keep the migraines away.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyr View Post
Hello,

I have read that weak neck muscles contribute to Concussion risk. I have had PCS for over 9 months. Does anyone have any resources regarding exercises to strengthen your neck muscles or to help prevent PCS setbacks.

I do feel minor pcs sensations when riding in a car going through speed bumps. So hopefully beneficial exercises can help prevent this.

Thanks.

bobbyR
chocolatebell is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
_Grace_ (07-07-2015)