View Single Post
Old 06-20-2007, 01:34 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Yes, I was on Topamax for a short time and found that it did help with pain. I have been on so many different things, it is hard to keep these straight. I am fairly sure I recall that Topamax made me feel somewhat confused, and somewhat out of it, but it did dull the pain.

It is perfectly alright for you to ask your doctor about various medications that you hear about. Don't be afraid to ask, you may come across a winner that will help.

Also, I don't know what the rest of you think about this, but if I told a doctor not to touch my leg, I would be pi**ed if they went ahead and did it anyway. This happens every time she goes to the doctor and she comes home worse than when she went.

Wonder if an epidural or trigger point injections would help? I am not sure you could even tolerate the injections in that area, but if some of the pain is from inflammation, perhaps this would help overall. Has she mentioned either of these to you? Trigger point injections are tiny injections given in the area of pain and I know those areas hurt, but they have lidocaine and a little cortisone in them, which helps if there is inflammation.

She has repeatedly complained of having problems with flulike symptoms. I wonder if seeing a Rheumatologist, even if rheumatological testing is normal, might be a good idea. I don't remember you mentioning this in emails Daniella.

Cathie

Last edited by Yorkiemom; 06-20-2007 at 01:51 PM.
Yorkiemom is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote